Summer Essentials ☀️
Posted on May 13, 2016
Summer is near and it is time to get ready to have some fun in the sun! I love spending a lot of time outside with friends and family in the summer embracing the fantastic although very hot weather. Summer in California is great and it is the best time to chill out, have some fun and enjoy the good vibes. Especially living in a beach community! In Surf city there is no better time than summer to be out and about or scoping out some gnarly waves down at the beach.
We all know that good times await us this summer but before we get on with the fun we need to do a little bit of preparing for our summer adventures. So, I have come up with a list of essentials I am sure we are all going to need this summer in order to make it a great one! Let’s get into it!
- Sunscreen is a must. It is all fun and games until later on when you turn into a red lobster. Nobody wants to look like a lobster, trust me I know. There is no need to suffer from sunburns when you want to have a good time. They don’t mix very well. Always use a sunblock to protect your skin and make sure you know which one is best for your skin type.
- Just like you want to protect your skin from the harsh rays of the sun you want to protect your eyes. Sunglasses are the way too go and they also make a great accessory.
- Another way to protect your face from the sun is by wearing a hat. Hats also make a great accessory too.
- Swim Suit
- No matter if your going to the beach, pool, lake, river, etc. a swim suit is a must.
- Its hot and your feet need to breath and what’s better than a cute and fashionable pair of sandals.
- Beach Towel
- If you are planning to go for a swim or lay out and sunbath you are going to need a beach towel.
- Water Bottle
- You always want to stay hydrated especially since temperatures are rising. You need to make sure that you are drinking enough water.
- You are going out to explore and discover new adventures and you are going to need to carry loads of stuff. what’s better than a backpack?
- Penny Board
- When out and about you are going to need an easy way to get around and a Penny Board will do just that. Penny Boards are small and light weight And easy to use if you know how to ride a skateboard of course. Plus they also look great in Instagram pictures. #justsaying
- When off on these crazy outings you are going to want to capture these priceless moments, so you will be needing a camera.( Remember you don’t need to have the leading camera on the market to take memorable photographs. Even a disposable camera will do.)
- When you have a little extra time on your hands go a head and pick up a book. Believe it or not there are some amazing reads out there, you’ve just got to find them.
- Tinted Moisturizer
- Give your skin a break from using a foundation constantly and allow it to breath with a much lighter coverage. Plus it is also moisturizing your face whilst adding a bit of a tint.
- Who doesn’t want to look glowing? Adding a bit of highlighter will just brighten your face and add a healthy glow to your skin.
- Add a little color to your skin by using bronzer and give off that tan/bronze look which is what all the rage is about during the summertime.
- Nail Polish
- Add a pop of color to your life with a playful and bright nail polish.
- Tanning Oil
- If you want to tan you might need a bit of extra help so I would suggest a tanning oil. (There are other forms of tanning that do not need sunlight for example by using self tanner and several others. Make sure you are aware of what is best for you.)
- With the weather changing and the air being humid or dry you are going to want to make sure you moisturize your lips. You want to have nice and nourished lips not chapped ones.
- Face Mist
- Face mists are useful for helping your face keep moisturized as well as feeling fresh.
- Face Wipes
- Its 90 degrees outside, you are sweating and you can be bothered to wash your face so you are going want to remove any impurities from your skin by using face wipes. Face wipes are also good for feeling fresh and staying cool in the summer.
- Sea Salt Spray
- Nothing says summer like beach waves. Salt spray will do the trick. Just add a few sprits to your hair and style it as you would like and vuala your hair looks amazing and it adds just the right amount of texture.
I really hope you guys liked this post and let me know in the comments below what your summer essentials are and if you have any fun plans for this summer. I really look forward to reading some of your comments. Also, don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to my news letter via email or you can always Follow my blog with Bloglovin to notify you on future blog post. Have a wonderful weekend guys and I will see you next Friday 🙂
Lots of Love,