21 Things I’ve learned At 21
Posted on January 8, 2016
In light of recently turning 21 in December I have decided to share with you guys 21 things I’ve learned at 21. Twenty one years sounds like a long time but I know I’m just only getting started and have SO MANY things I have yet to learn and experience. So here are a few that I’ve learnt…
- Nothing ever goes as planned.
- I am the type of person who always plans everything whether it’s my day, an event, an idea it doesn’t matter I have to plan it. And every time that I have this idealized thought of how things are going to go they never go to plan. I guess that’s just the way life works.
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone makes you grow.
- As a kid I never really liked going out of my comfort zone but as an adult I realize that doing so has made me who I am today. I also recognize that who I am today is so far from the person I was years before.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- Mistakes are inevitable. They will happen and it’s up to you to learn and grow from them. Life happens and things go wrong and it’s okay to be sad, mad, even depressed for a minute, but then you have to pick yourself up and put one foot in front of the other. Move on forward because if you don’t you will be the unhappiest person and be stuck unable to move on from a difficult time until you do so.
- Anything worth having requires a lot of hard work.
- I want to do so many things in my lifetime and it almost seems impossible. I know that giving it my all and working for it like no one has ever worked before is what’s going to get me that one step closer to achieving my dreams. Nothing good ever comes easy.
- change is inevitable.
- Things change, people change, times change but change is good. Really! Change is for the better.
- It’s always important to believe in yourself.
- Anything is possible when you truly believe in yourself. You shouldn’t rely on others to believe in you because one day you will be on your own and all you’ll have left is yourself.
- Being independent is a good thing.
- Growing up I have always liked being on my own, given that I have a close group of friends and family I still very much enjoy my time alone. I think there is just something about having time to yourself that is nice and relaxing. I appreciate my space and time to think about life.
- Always be kind.
- Kindness makes a difference and negativity is just a waste of space. No matter how much of a D!*% some one can be just kill the with KINDNESS. Never give in to someone’s hatred because all it does is hold you back from being a good person and may possibly turn you into one of them.
- The friends you start with won’t b the friends you end with.
- Once high school is over and you are moving on with your life, you lose touch with some of your closest friends. They may have been there while you where growing up but people come and go and soon you will make a connection with new people whom you never thought you would and create lifetime friendships.
- Always be open to learning new things.
- I have met so many people that have made an impact in the way I see the world; and If I wasn’t open to learning my perspective of things would be so narrow I would not be able to see past the surface. Learning new things can only better you as a person because education can never hold you back.
- It’s important to be happy.
- Happiness is important because life is too short and unpredictable which means that it is necessary to lead the happiest life you can live. Make sure that the people you surround yourself with make you the best person you can be. Also, everyone should smile more often.
- Life is too short to care about what other people think.
- Some people are going to like you just the way you are and some are not but never mind them. As long as you are happy being yourself and doing what you’re doing then you should keep doing you.
- It is better to make the right decision and stand out that make the wrong one to fit in.
- Choosing to fit in because you are afraid to be different is like giving up on yourself. If everyone was the same, life would be so bland and colorless. Although you don’t always have to stand out from a group you should always let your voice be heard.
- Be your own anchor.
- For all the Teen Wolf fanatics I think this is one lesson everyone needs to embrace. One should be their own anchor and never rely on others to be their anchor. You should keep yourself grounded although there may be people in your life that help keep you grounded you shouldn’t depend on them to do so.
- Enjoy all the small things in life.
- Small moments are big moments you just don’t realize it yet. Make the best of every moment while you can because sooner or later the people you are making memories with may not be around and you are going to wish you had made the best of your time with them.
- Your parents always want what’s best for you even when you don’t think its in your best interest.
- I know, I know it’s hard to believe but your parents really love you and don’t want to see you get hurt, take the wrong path or lose sight of what’s really important. So at the time you may have thought they were overbearing but once you grow up and realize they were just trying to protect and care for you; you learn to appreciate the a little more. Thanks Mom and Dad!
- Health is important.
- Eating healthy and exercising is good for you! No matter how much you just want to cuddle in bed, watch Netflix and order take out it is important to be healthy and make an effort to stay healthy.
- You always have a choice.
- No one in life should be making any decisions about your life but yourself. At the end of the day you are the one living it and if you do/do not want to do something it is completely up to you and no one else’s choice to make.
- Never take anything for granted.
- When you take things, people and or experiences for granted you forget the true value of what they mean to you. Be humble and appreciate all the good in your life because if you don’t one day they won’t be there.
- Sometimes it’s now or never.
- Sometimes in life there are no second chances, no breaks and no range checks there is just the now. If you don’t take this opportunity you have lost it forever and it will never happen again. Risk taking is what life is all about and when you have the opportunity to do some thing you love or something extraordinary take it and never look back.
- Not everyone has the same heart as you.
- There is a saying that goes: “You’ll end up very disappointed if you grow up thinking everyone has the same heart as you do” which I couldn’t agree with more. Not every one thinks and feels the way that you do and not everyone in the world is a good person. I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt but once they show me a reason to believe otherwise I make sure to remind myself that not all people are good and honest and everyone has flaws.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know what you guys have learned over your lifetime. I will be posting every Friday so make sure to keep up to date with my post by subscribing to my newsletter.Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you next Friday.
Lots of Love,